Halloween is just around the corner and whether you’re looking for something to complete your costume or you’re on the look out for a last-minute costume idea, this blog post is for you! When it comes to a last-minute costume, you need something that’s easy to put together with what you already have as well as things that you can easily pick up from the store and in this blog post I show you a product that does just that!
About a week ago, I received a PR package from Clairol kindly sent by the team at Coty PR which had Clairol’s whole line of Color Crave Hair Makeup in it! They didn’t ask me to write this blog post but after using the hair makeup I thought it would be a helpful one and thought it might give you some inspo if you’re needing a last-minute Halloween costume since these would be PERFECT for creating so many different looks!
The Clairol Color Crave hair makeup is a temporary hair dye that puts a little luxe in your locks and they’re so easy to use too! You simply squeeze the tube to get the product onto the sponge applicator, swipe it onto your dry hair strands, and then heat it with a blow dryer to lock in the color!
I’ve never colored my hair so I was a little worried about messing it up and it not looking good but was I wrong! They’re so easy to use and to apply that anyone can do it! They also wash away with shampoo so you won’t be stuck with it if you don’t like the look you created!
It comes in 6 different colors: Brilliant Amethyst, Shimmering Platinum, Shimmering Copper, Shimmering Bronze, Brilliant Ruby, and Shimmering Rose Gold.
With so many colors to choose from, you can use one or mix and match a few colors to create a fun look for a last-minute Halloween costume!
Last Minute Costume Ideas
Queen Of Hearts
- Outfit: paint a red heart onto a black shirt and pair that with a red skirt or tutu
- Makeup: create a gold eye makeup look with bold lashes and use eyeliner to draw hearts under your eyes, finish the makeup with a bold red lip
- Hair: put your hair into a top bun, use Brilliant Ruby to give it the signature Queen of Hearts red hair look, and finish off with a gold crown
- Outfit: wear a metallic outfit set with high boots
- Makeup: create a silver eye makeup look with purple lipstick and add some gemstones, sparkles, and/or flash tats around your eyes and face to complete the makeup look
- Hair: create a curly half-up, half-down hairstyle with two space buns at the top of your head, use Brilliant Amethyst to add color and shimmer to the space buns to complete the look
- Outfit: pair a white tank top with a sequin skirt
- Makeup: create an eye look with blues, purples, and greens with a blue lipstick, you can use fishnet tights to create a “mermaid scale” effect and here’s a great tutorial from Glamour that shows you how to do it step-by-step
- Hair: you can mix and match any and all of the Color Crave hair makeup for this look, use a big barrel curler to create loose waves, and complete the look with a headband with seashells and starfish from the craft store glued onto it
I played around with all of the colors in my hair and I really love how they look and it was so much fun to do!
I did use all the colors in my hair however Shimmering Copper and Shimmering Bronze were the most vibrant in my hair from a distance. I obviously have black hair so the other colors looked pretty subtle in the pictures but I could definitely see all of the subtle hints of color and the shimmer in person. You can see Brilliant Ruby and Brilliant Amethyst much better in the closer pictures (with a little added saturation in editing). If you have lighter hair I definitely believe the colors will be much more vibrant in your hair but nonetheless I was impressed that I could see any color in my black hair!
I love how easy these are to use and I like that you can build up the color to any intensity you want! They’re perfect for creating a last-minute costume, adding a finishing touch to a costume, or even just for fun! You can find the Clairol Color Crave hair makeup at Ulta, Target, Walmart, and several other places if you want to check them out for yourself!
What is your Halloween costume this year? Are you a last-minute costume planner or a few months in advance costume planner? Let me know below!
Thanks for stopping by!